It's not super pretty, but you could dress it up with a powdered sugar or cream cheese drizzle. I had every intention of doing that...but it just didn't last that long. You could also serve it with some vanilla or butter pecan ice cream!
"Bubble Up" Apple Pie
1 (8-count) can of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits, cut into 8ths (I used reduced fat)
1 (21 ounce) can Apple Pie filling (I used the 'no sugar added' variety)
1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or cinnamon)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
*the original recipe called for 1 cup butterscotch chips, but I omitted*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Open can of pie filling and take a sharp knife and stir around the can to slice up apples (just so they are not in big chunks).
- Pour pie filling in a large bowl. Add biscuit pieces and apple pie spice. Stir.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Top with chopped nuts, if using.
- Bake 30 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned and cooked through (check the center for doneness)
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Add glaze if desired. Serve warm or room temp.
recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
This was a quick and easy dessert to throw together on a week night. In my opinion, it's best served the same day it's made, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge and re-heated in the microwave. I'm seeing different flavor combinations in my future...cherry pie filling with chocolate chips for a Black Forest bubble up...blueberry with lemon glaze....and I'm sure I will think of more!
Speaking of more - other Bubble Up recipes I've tried....
I may be linking up at any of the following - (Monday) The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Dedicated House, Skip to my Lou, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Huckleberry Love (Tuesday) Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday, Sowdering About in Seattle, Naptime Creations, Mandy's Recipe Box, Memories By the Mile,Inside BruCrew Life, VMG206, Anyonita Nibbles (Wednesday) The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Fluster Buster, Mostly Homemade Mom, Adorned from Above,Ginger Snap Crafts, Naptime is My Time, Tessa the Domestic Diva (Thursday) Project Inspire,Joyful Homemaking, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Foodtastic Fridays, Just Us Four, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker, The Best Blog Recipes,Close to Home, 30 Handmade Days, A Peek Into My Paradise,The Jenny Evolution , Walking on Sunshine, Vintage Chic, Lady Behind the Curtain (Saturday) Six Sisters' Stuff, Made from Pinterest