For my sister's baby shower, I made white chocolate popcorn with pink, green, and white MandM candies.
It looked cute bagged up, and it tastes good. We placed a framed sign on the table with the favors that said 'Ready to pop'. My cousin made it and it was very cute (it was also done in pink and green), but somehow I didn't get a picture. That's the downside to hosting a party, it's hard to get as many pics!
The popcorn was tied with pink and white curling ribbon and I found little strollers, pacifiers and baby blocks at a dollar store (The Dollar Tree), so we tied those to each bag. It's similar to the Birthday Cake Batter Popcorn party favors I did for my daughter's 10th bday party.
White Chocolate Candy Popcorn
*The amounts are going to vary depending on how much you want to make. We made 25 favor bags, and I am guessing it was about 2 cups per bag, maybe a little more. The recipe is for one 'batch' and I doubled it.
12 cups popped popcorn (1/2 cup unpopped kernels)
1 (24 oz) package of white almond bark or white chocolate chips, melted
*sea salt (optional)
desired candy or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, pour the melted chocolate or almond bark over the prepared popcorn.
- Stir to mix.
- Spread chocolate covered popcorn out on wax paper.
- *Sprinkle with sea salt if desired (this is not needed if using salted microwave popcorn. I used plain popcorn from my air popper) You can also skip the salt all together, but I like the sweet-salty combo.
- Add candy to popcorn BEFORE CHOCOLATE HARDENS. Lightly press candy down onto the popcorn. (You can mix the candy in with the chocolate, but then it gets covered in white chocolate so it's not as pretty. I like to add it on the tops, you just have to work quickly before the chocolate hardens.)
- Once chocolate/bark is set, break apart and place in bags.
This simple recipe can be adapted to pretty much any party or theme. Just change up the candy used, add sprinkles, etc. I don't recommend making it more than 24 hours in advance because the chocolate coating causes the popcorn to get soft...it's still good however!
If looking for a good party punch, you can check out this post.
If looking for more baby shower ideas, you can check out my Baby Shower Pinterest Board.
I may be linking up at any of the following - (Monday) The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Dedicated House, Skip to my Lou, Making the World Cuter, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Huckleberry Love (Tuesday) Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday, Sowdering About in Seattle, Naptime Creations, Mandy's Recipe Box, Memories By the Mile,Inside BruCrew Life, VMG206, Anyonita Nibbles,Tasty Tuesdays (Wednesday) The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Fluster Buster, Mostly Homemade Mom, Adorned from Above, Lady Behind the Curtain,Ginger Snap Crafts, Naptime is My Time, Tessa the Domestic Diva (Thursday) Project Inspire,Joyful Homemaking, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Foodtastic Fridays, Just Us Four, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker, The Best Blog Recipes,Close to Home, 30 Handmade Days, A Peek Into My Paradise,The Jenny Evolution , Walking on Sunshine, Vintage Chic (Saturday) Six Sisters' Stuff, Made from Pinterest