Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Mo'Betta Flower

What makes a flower mo'betta?
When you can eat it of course!
(the pic is supposed to look like a flower if anyone is scratching their head wondering what in the world I'm talking about)

caprese saladaka Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Salad.  aka Da Bomb.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of tomatoes, but when they are drowned in balsamic vinegar and paired with cheese and fresh basil....mmmmmm mm.  That's good stuff.

I just couldn't wait any longer for my garden to grow, so I broke down and bought the very expensive little plastic pack of basil at the grocery store.  Along with grape tomatoes.  I just couldn't wait any longer for the taste of summer-time!

and what is it about toasting bread with olive oil that makes it so divine?  I could eat it everyday.  Every. Day.  So peeps, go make this fabulous salad.  You won't be sorry.  There are tons of variations out there in blog land.  I can't even give you any measurements, b/c I just dumped everything together.  It's amazingly simple, yet so delicious!

Have a great weekend!  The weather here is supposed to be wonderful.  Which is good, since I'll be camping with my girls.  In a tent.  On the ground.  Outside.
But there will be S'mores!!!

4 comments:

  1. oh Yum!!! That looks delicous!!!
    Happy a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE caprese salad@ This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha true...edible flowers are certainly the best kind. and caprese is the best kind of salad. Perfect pair! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...