Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
adapted from Newlyweds
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa *I used Hershey's Dark
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups zucchini (shredded)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream *I used fat free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil *I used 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- I also added chopped walnuts
In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, sugars, sour cream or yogurt, oil and applesauce (if using), and vanilla. Add to zucchini mixture.
Pour into a sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick comes out clean (35-40 minutes).
Verdict? YUM! Takes care of that chocolate craving, and my kids couldn't believe their brownies were full of zucchini!
Have a GREAT weekend! Hopefully while you are reading this, I am laying out on the beach with an adult beverage in hand. ahhhhh. Holla!
I'm linking this recipe up with Eat at Home (Ingredient Spotlight - sour cream & yogurt)