However, today, I wanted to post these -
The perfect thing for a Saturday morning. Or Sunday. Or Tuesday for that matter.
These are the fluffiest pancakes ever. Definitely the fluffiest I've ever made. It's a slight variation from my no milk, no eggs, no problem pancakes.
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour *I usually do 1 cup all-purpose and 1 cup whole wheat
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 T. vinegar, 1 T. orange juice and 1 t. baking powder (OR ONE EGG)*see note
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ginger (powdered)
- 1 t. orange zest
1. Mix orange juice and eggs or egg substitute in small bowl. *NOTE-Since I doubled this recipe from the original, it should actually be 2 eggs instead of one...but I didn't double my egg substitute.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon/ginger and orange zest in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry. Let sit for 10 minutes. (I'm convinced this is the key to fluffy pancakes!)
4. Heat a large skillet (or electric griddle) over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
Verdict? Dee-wishes, in the words of my 3 year old! I'm still amazed at how high these rose. I would have liked a little more orange flavor in the pancake, so more zest is certainly an option.
Have a great weekend!