Monday, September 5, 2011

Mo'Betta gets crafty for back-to-school

I looked everywhere for a cute backpack for Mr. Three.  He will be going to "preschool" for 3 hours 3 days a week.  So, of course, he needs to be stylin' ;)  I wanted something small, but I couldn't find any character bags I liked.  I didn't check out all the resources on line...I'm sure I could have found something really expensive cute.  However, I stumbled upon this small plain black bag at Wal-Mart the other day -
It was less than 5 bucks! 
Then I began thinking about how I could decorate and personalize Mr. Three's little bag...
I picked up this iron on adhesive (also at Wally World) and I already had some "little boy" fabric.
I decided I would 'monogram' his bag.  
Just a note of caution - make sure all of your adhesive is covered by fabric before ironing.  I made the mistake of cutting out my letter first, then adding the adhesive...and ended up with a sticky mess on my ironing board cover.  Lesson learned!
After ironing on my letter D, it was still pretty plain, so I cut out a firetruck from the same fabric.
and of course, I couldn't stop there, I was on a roll, so I made little strap covers too!
Overall, I thought it turned out pretty cute for my first attempt.  
Now my oldest daughter has picked out fabric so I can "dress up" her book bag too! (Peace signs of course!) And Mr. Three....well, he said he liked it, but refused to wear it on his shoulders for more than 2 milliseconds.
This was his first day of school. 
Don't you love that cheesy fake smile?!
My baby boy is growing up :*(

I'm linking this post up with these fabulously crafty bloggers...

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! He looks super pumped for his first day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wonderful post totally rocked the blog party's success! Thanks for linking up at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...