Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Low Fat Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let's just say....yum.  This is a recipe I adapted from here.  I subbed out the butter for the healthier fats of coconut oil, I used stevia in the place of white sugar, and I used Ener-G egg replacer in place of the egg white due to my son's egg allergy.  And they were awesome little bites of chocolate-y goodness, with a slight hint of coconut flavor from the coconut oil.  Oh! and I used dark chocolate, since it's healthy and all from all those antioxidants.  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Low Fat Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies adapted from
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup stevia
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg white (or egg replacer of choice)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Dark)
  • 1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat coconut oil and sugars together with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg white (or replacer), vanilla and mix until well blended.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Gradually add flour mixture to egg and sugar. Use a wooden spoon to work the dough together. The dough will be thick and a little crumbly. Stir in chocolate chips.
Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and press slightly on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. (I had to smoosh the dough together b/c it was quite dry and crumbly.)
Bake for approx 8 minutes (will depend on size of your balls. hahahaha). Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.  The original recipe says it makes approx 30 cookies.  I did not get that many, but I think I made my cookies a little larger, and the raw cookie dough kept mysteriously disappearing. My oldest daughter and I both deny eating several cookies worth of dough.  *ahem*
Don't forget to enter my giveaway going on right now for Coconut Oil! *Giveaway closed*


  1. No SUGAR? Don't you know what happens when you take Trish's sugar away? ;-)

  2. Yum, dark chocolate. LOVE! I'd love for you to join my linky party, Crazy Sweet Tuesday sometime! The linky runs through Friday each week.

  3. Around 30 cookies for only 1/4 cup of oil? Wow! I've got to try this recipe. Pinned!

  4. I would love it, if you would share this, & any other recipes you may have, on my recipe link up.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...