Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Fun Finds

I haven't done this in a while, but here are a few things I have recently discovered and love (they may or may not be new products...it takes a while for things to show up down in these here parts!)
Unsweetened Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend
source
A blend of almond and coconut milk...this stuff is so good! I don't know why I have suddenly developed a love for all things coconut.  I blame it on coconut oil.  Not only is this yummy, it is only 45 calories/serving. It is good in cereal, overnight oats, and iced coffee!  It would be a great replacement for milk in recipes, but my son can't have it :-(

Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail With  Hint of Lime, 64-Ounce (Pack of 8)
source

I have been drinking cranberry juice on occasion since my kidney stone drama.  I tried this the other day, and it is yummy! I think it would make an excellent 'adult beverage' as well.  Send vodka and I will let you know ;)
Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon Peppered (4.3 oz. pouch)
source

It's bacon and pepper! Two of my favorite flavors :)  Okay, so it has no redeeming nutritional value, but  it is so good! I've been adding it to salads, eggs, wherever I want some bacon!
source

I haven't actually used these yet, but they jumped into my cart at the grocery store yesterday. I will be testing them out ASAP.  But how can you resist something that says "experience delicious chocolate layers in each bite!"  Layers, people!  They are large discs of chocolate that are supposed to melt evenly in layers while baking.  Hell yeah!  Sorry, chocolate excites me.

And just to leave you with one thing you SHOULDN'T try. Ever.
I tried to replace Miss Two's daily PB & J with this stuff.  She was very upset with me when she got home.  She said 'what WAS that stuff?! It was hoorrrrible!'  I said it can't be that bad...I took a little, tiny taste (b/c I'm not supposed to eat peanuts).  It was bad.  Reallll bad.  Like motor oil meets soy butter with some weird texture thing going on.  It is such a good concept, but back to the drawing board on taste!  (If you have ever tried this, I would love to hear your opinion. Maybe it is just us, or we had a bad jar or something?)

Well, that's it.  Happy Friday!


**This was NOT a sponsored post. I bought the above products with my husband's hard earned money and tried them out of curiosity.  All opinions are 100% my own, or that of my children ;)

1 comment:

  1. We'll have to come visit and try the adult drink...cranberry and vodka are my favorite, though I haven't had it in a while ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...