Friday, September 28, 2012

Overnight Pumpkin Oats

I really like oatmeal.  Cold, hot, baked, plain, flavored...I like it all.  During the summer, I enjoyed overnight oats frequently with blueberries. Now that it is Fall..I thought I would give pumpkin a try.  I love pumpkin spiced oatmeal (cooked version), but haven't tried it cold.  It is super simple, healthy, and delicious...b/c even thought it's Fall...the temps are still holding on to summer. We've had ONE cool morning!

Overnight Pumpkin Oats

1/4 steel cut oats
1/2 cup milk *I like unsweetened almond-coconut milk
1/4-1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)

Add oats, milk, pumpkin and spice in a jar or covered container overnight in the fridge.  In the morning, stir and eat. That's it! Super simple.

Happy Friday :-)

I'm linking up at Eat at Home for Ingredient Spotlight - Pumpkin!

4 comments:

  1. So that's all you do, is put it in the fridge and eat it cold?

    Could you do the overnight oats and then just heat them up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenn - haha, that was my first reaction too! Yes, they are traditionally eaten cold. A lot of people add yogurt too. But yes, you couldn't definitely heat them up in the morning. I haven't tried that, but have heard of others doing it. Let me know if you try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't you add yogart to make it thick, and the fruit all together ? I'm not a morning person and i have seen some place where you added it all at same time is that something different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people do add yogurt, which will make it thicker and add extra protein. I usually add chia or flax and walnuts to mine, but yogurt is definitely an option. And yes, I think you can add it all in at the same time.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...