Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rolo Brownies


Chocolate. Again! I know, I should be ashamed.  Remember these?
Yep, this is when I discovered brownie mix + 1/2 cup plain yogurt = low fat, egg free, scrumptious brownies!!  So....I've sorta been making brownies....a lot.  Oopsies.

I actually made these before I moved to take to a friend's house.  
She made us this amazing salad-
Grilled chicken, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, poppy seed dressing. It was delicious.

And my contribution. 
To counteract all those fruits and vegetables.
I made them for the kids of course. *wink wink*

Rolo Brownies
1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I always buy the family size box)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use the non-fat)
24 Rolo candies *frozen 
(*this helps keep them from melting too much. I did not do this b/c I am not that organized and was throwing these together last minute, so it is not an essential step.)

Preheat the oven to the temperature on your brownie box.  Grease/spray a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray or use mini cupcake liners.  Mix the brownie mix with the yogurt and the amount of water called for on your box of mix.  Do not add eggs or oil.  Fill muffin cups about 1/2 to 3/4 full.  Add frozen Rolo candies to center of filled muffin cups. Bake until done at temp on your box of mix.
**If you want your Rolo candy in the middle/inside of the brownie...add a little brownie batter in each muffin cup, place Rolo in the center, then cover with brownie batter.

Needless to say, brownies + candy = happy children.  Except for Mr. Three, who likes to keep his brownies 'pure'.  No additions for him! So, if you have any super picky kids, keep a few plain :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...