But not just any cereal treats...ones with gooey candy pieces, and brownie mix. And spooky sprinkles. And Cheerios mixed with Rice Krispies...b/c I want to lower your cholesterol levels. Ok, maybe that last part isn't entirely true. Not that I want you to have high cholesterol...but...well, never mind.
I must say, adding Rolos to cereal treats is pretty brilliant. I'm sure I'm not the first person to come up with this...but let's just pretend I am ;-) And adding brownie mix....well, you know how I just made the Brownie Biscoff Puppy Chow...I'm a little obsessed.
Rolo Cereal Treats with Brownie Mix
- 6 cups cereal (I used a combo of Cheerios and Rice Krispies)
- 3 T. butter
- 1 bag of miniature marshmallows (minus a few my kids ate)
- 1/4 cup brownie mix (*I will use 1/2 cup next time)
- 1/2 cup Rolos candy - frozen and halved (optional)
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir until almost melted.
- Add brownie mix and stir until marshmallows are completely melted and brownie mix is incorporated. Remove from heat and add cereal. Mix until coated.
- Add frozen candy pieces and stir. You have to do this fairly quickly b/c the mixture begins to cool and it is difficult to get the candy mixed in. (but is it a bad thing to have a few clumps of chocolate and caramel candy? Not in my world.)
- Place mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan (can use parchment/wax paper/aluminum foil for easy removal if desired.) Mash cereal treats into pan, I like to spray my hands with cooking spray and use my hands. But utensils are okay too. Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Let treats cool, then cut into squares. Store in airtight container. They lasted about 24 hours at my house. If that.
I'm sharing this recipe over at Crazy for Crust, Naptime Creations, Mandy's Recipe Box, It's a Blog Party, All the Small Stuff, 33 Shades of Grey, Blessed with Grace, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, A Little Nosh, The Mandatory Mooch, Anyonita Nibbles