(If you follow me on Instagram, then you may have seen this pic already!)
They are along the same lines as the Rolo & other pretzel treats that I normally make.
However, I was out of Rolos when I decided we needed to make these, but I did have some Kraft caramels. They worked like a charm. They actually taste even better than with the Rolos!
And how cute are the holiday shaped pretzels?!
- Pretzels - round, square, holiday, doesn't matter
- Kraft caramels (the squares that come in a bag)
- Hershey Kisses (I used dark chocolate)
- Pecans (optional)
- M&M's (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place pretzels on a foil lined baking sheet (just makes it easier to clean up).
- Place one caramel square on top of each pretzel. Bake in preheated oven about 4 minutes (until squares start to soften and melt a little, but are still holding their shape).
- Remove from oven and press a Hershey kiss into each caramel square. Let sit for a few minutes and Kisses will soften. Then you can press a pecan into the Hershey Kiss (for a true turtle taste) or you press an M&M on the top. I just used M&M's since my son is allergic to nuts (and I didn't have any pecans anyway.) While chocolate is still soft, you can also add colored sprinkles, or a light sprinkle of sea salt for a 'salted caramel' treat!
Allow the treats to cool and harden (if you can). You can bag these up or add to a cookie tray too. Ours didn't last long enough...we have to make more!
Stay tuned for more quick and easy treats!